Frequently Asked Questions

  1. I am a victim of a crime; how do I make a police report?

College Place police officers are dispatched via Walla Walla County’s Emergency Services Communications center (WESCOM) located in Walla Walla. If you need a police officer response, in person or by phone, for a non-emergency situation (something not occurring now) please call dispatch at (509) 527-1960. If you have an emergency (occurring now or just occurred), call 9-1-1.

  1. I do not need a police officer but have Police Department-related business; whom do I contact?

If you need follow-up regarding an ongoing case or have questions regarding College Place city ordinances, concealed pistol permits, fingerprinting, or any other business related questions, please contact the College Place Police Department Records Office at (509) 394-8550 from 8:00 am to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday (excluding holidays). Please note that if you call during non-business hours, your call is automatically transferred to WESCOM.

  1. I was involved in a traffic accident and need a copy of the report; how do I obtain one and is there a charge?

You may call or email the College Place Police Department and make a records request. 

Office: 509-394-8550

Or contact the Washington State Patrol collision records section. The State Patrol is the repository for collision reports submitted by all law enforcement agencies statewide.

Click link here: Washington State Patrol Collision Records Section

For additional questions please contact the College Place Police Department at (509) 394-8550 during regular business hours and one of our records clerks will assist you.