The City bills for water, sewer, and stormwater. You may have one or up to all three utility services. Per our City Code, we bill in advance for base fees and in arears for consumption. Water meters are read on the 20th of each month and determine your consumption for water flow and sewer flow. The Stormwater Utility is a set charge each month and is not based on any consumption. In the winter months, you are charged for your actual consumption with no set cap. This is in place so we can get a winter average of your consumption without additional usage such as watering your lawn or washing your car. March through November your sewer billing is set to that winter average based on your consumption during December through February. This winter average caps your sewer flow, so you don't pay extra for that water that is not used within the house. Your bill may be higher due to a leak, additional company staying in your home, or just due to more water usage. If you have any questions, please call the Utility Clerk at 509-529-1200. Water and Sewer Rates for 2021 can be found here.
Pay Your Water & Sewer Bill Online Today Through XPress Bill Pay.
Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions. These questions are the most typical questions we get in reference to utility billing. If you have a utility billing question that doesn't appear below you can contact us at 509-394-8509 or contact us.
Pertinent Rules pertaining to water & sewer city utilities
- CPMC 13.04.030: Application For Service
- CPMC 13.04.190: Meter Reading
- CPMC 13.04.200: Liability for Payment of Bill
- CPMC 13.04.210: Payment of Bills - Delinquency Charge
- CPMC 13.04.230: Meter Error - Prorated Billing
- CPMC 13.04.260: Discontinuance - Nonpayment of Bill
- CPMC 13.04.290: Unauthorized Turn On
- CPMC 13.04.430: Unit Charge Protocol
What should I know about my utility account?
- Bills are mailed created the business day following the 25th. Your bill and payment could get crossed in the mail.
- The bills are due on the 25th of every month, unless that day falls on a weekend or holiday, then the bill will be due on the first working day after the 25th.
- You will be charged a late fee in accordance of Resolution of the City Council if bill payment is late.
- You will be mailed a delinquency notice and finally receive a red tag door hanger prior to water shutoff if you have a past due balance.
Orders to turn on or shut off utilities, if placed before 4:00 p.m., will be completed that day. Public Work's hours are 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please do not turn your own water on. You will be charged an additional fee. You MUST call for assistance.
Where do I send the payment?
The City offers the following ways to complete monthly utility (water, sewer, & stormwater) payments:
- Online through XpressBillPay.
- In person at City of College Place City Hall (625 S. College Ave, CP). Office Hours are 8 A.M. to 5 PM Monday thru Thursday and 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. Friday. Closed on the weekends.
- Call the City of College Place Utility Billing/Finance Department at 509-529-1200.
- Payment drop box is located adjacent to City Hall (625 S. College Ave, CP) on the south side of the exit driveway between the Municipal Campus and the Fresh Lime.
What if I can't pay my bill before shutoff day?
The key to keeping your utility service connected is communication. The sooner you notify us of your problem, the better chance you have of finding some sort of assistance. Waiting until the day your water is to be turned off for non payment does not give very much time to come up with a solution. You are encouraged to contact our office at 509-529-1200 as soon as possible after receiving your bill to discuss payment arrangements. If your services are terminated, there is a fee to have it turned back on.
625 S. College Ave
College Place, WA, 99325