Robert McAndrews - Public Works Director
New Information - Urban Forestry Management Plan (Click Link)
The City of College Place has been recognized as a Tree City USA by the Arbor Day Foundation for the last four years. The City has over 550 trees throughout its four Community parks and Federally designated arterial rights-of-way. The City has a active Park, Arbor, and Recreation Advisory Board that advises the City on Arbor related policy. Resolution #18-041 adopted on November 13th, 2018 is the Official Street Tree List for the City of College Place and has the various types of trees recommended for planting in the City Limits.
The College Place Municipal Code 11.70 governs Street and Park Trees. The City's Park, Arbor, and Recreation Board as well as College Place City Council governs this Municipal Code.
The City of College Place currently does not require permits for street trees. We have provided a list of popular street trees with recommendations for planting.
College Place Urban Forestry Management Plan (Phase 1 - City Parks & Federally Designated Roadway Rights-of-Way)
The City Council adopted the Urban Forestry Management Plan for City Parks and Federally Classified Public Rights-of-Way during its May 11th, 2021 City Council meeting. It is located here.
- April 7th, 2021 Open House
- March 24th, 2021 Open House
- February 19th, 2021 Park, Arbor, and Recreation Board SWOT Analysis
The City obtained a $19,900 Grant from the State Department of Natural Resources (Resolution #20-015 on April 14th, 2020) to conduct a Urban Forestry Tree Inventory and Management Plan for all of the trees in the four community parks and Federally Classified roadways. Ex: College Ave, Larch Ave, Myra Rd (Electric to Rose), NE Rose, NE C Street, Whitman Drive, SW Doans, SW Academy Way, SW/SE 4th Street, SE 12th Street, SE Lamperti St, SW Mojonnier Rd, SE Meadowbrook, and SE Tamaurson. The plan will go over the condition of the existing tree canopy and recommend a maintenance plan for it.
Meetings & Source Documents
- Park, Arbor, and Recreation Board: October 23rd, 2020 - RSQ for Consultants Urban Forestry Plan
- City Council: October 27th, 2020 - Award Urban Forestry Plan
- Park, Arbor, and Recreation Board: December 18th, 2020 - SWOT Exercise
- Park, Arbor, and Recreation Board: Special Meeting February 19th, 2021 - SWOT Exercise
- Park, Arbor, and Recreation Board: February 26th, 2021 - Results of SWOT Exercise
- Park, Arbor, and Recreation Board: March 26th, 2021 - Update on Plan Open Houses
- City Council Workshop: May 4th, 2021
- City Council Meeting: May 11th, 2021 (Adoption)