The Public Records Act                        PRA_Make_Request_Button

In 1972 the voters in the State of Washington adopted Initiative 276, which required that most records maintained by state, county, and city governments be made available to members of the public.  The public disclosure statutes have been frequently revised over the past three decades. The latest revision of the disclosure statutes are found in chapter 42.56 RCW, and are referred to as the Public Records Act.

Requesting Records From the City of College Place:

When requesting public records please be as specific and detailed as possible in your description of the records you seek. Upon receipt of a request that is unclear, an agency may ask the requestor to clarify what information the requestor is seeking in order to produce responsive records. This can cause a delays in satisfying your request. A copy of the City of College Place Public Records Policy is available here.
Agencies must respond within five business days of receiving a public records request by:
(1) providing the record;
(2) Acknowledge that the request has been received and provide a reasonable time estimate it will need to respond to the request;
(3) Deny the request;
(4) Request clarification from the requestor.

If a list of individuals is provided to you, it may not be used for commercial purposes, to promote the election of an official, or promote or oppose a ballot proposition, as prohibited by law; nor is it construed as giving authority to give, sell or provide access to lists of individuals requested as prohibited by the Public Records Act. You may be required to complete a Commercial Purpose Declaration prior to receiving the requested records.
Exemptions - Please see our exemptions list which may prohibit or restrict the release of some records.

You will be charged for the documents/files received in the request according to the 2019 City Fee Schedule.

New PatchTransparent backgroundTo request disclosure of Police Department Records click "make request" button above.
For questions regarding Police records call the Records Supervisor at 509-394-8552 or email.

City Seal with Transparent BackgroundTo request disclosure of all other General City Records click "make request" button above.
For questions regarding General City records call the City Clerk at 509-394-8569 or email.