Police officer entry level candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a lawful permanent resident;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at the time of the final selection process;
- Must at a minimum be a high school graduate. Persons who have completed some college courses or have a college or university degree are preferred;
- Must have a valid Washington or Oregon driver’s license depending on the candidate’s state of residency or, if living outside of Washington or Oregon, be able to obtain a valid license in either state within 30 days of moving after acceptance of a final job offer, and
- Must pass the physical and written test administered by Public Safety Testing before submitting an application.