- Complete Application
- Attach Plans
- Plans shall be submitted electronically in PDF format, scaled to 11x17 paper. Send plans to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide a site plan for all projects that involve adding new square footage (example)
- Observe applicable Building Codes
2. Submit Plans to the Community Development Department
- Set up appointment with Building Plan Reviewer to review application for completeness if necessary
- Application and fee will be accepted if application contains required submittals and is deemed adequate.
- Design professional project lead to attend
3. City Review Initiated
- Review cycle timeframe: approximately 2 weeks for return of comments and or permit approval.
- City staff may request additional information and/or corrections as necessary.
Please Note: time frames pause while waiting for requested information. More than one review cycle may be required depending on completeness of plans and response to requests.
4. Building Permit Issued
- Building permits to including demolition and clearing and grubbing activities will not be issued until civil plans are approved by the Engineering Department.
- Civil and building improvements may be constructed at the same time.
- Request building inspection 24 hours in advance by calling 509-394-8522.
- Request right-of-way inspection 24 hours in advance by calling 509-629-0744
6. Final Occupancy
- Civil improvements approved by Engineering Department
- Building Department inspections completed
- Cross control in place
- Fire Department approval
- Electrical approval (L&I)
Note: The City of College Place does not issue temporary occupancy permits.