COMMERCIAL & MULTI-FAMILY BUILDING REVIEW. Have your planning approvals and ready to submit building plans for your commercial/multifamily project? Here’s how...
- Confirm Planning Department project approval (required in advance)
- Complete Application
- Identify design professional to serve as project lead/primary point of contact
- Attach Plans
- Observe applicable Building Codes
- Stamped by design professional
2. Contact Building Department
- Set up appointment with Building Department to review application for completeness
- Application and fee will be accepted if application contains required submittals and is deemed adequate for review
- Design professional project lead to attend/participate
3. City Review Initiated
- Review cycle timeframe: 4 weeks for return of comments.
- City to request additional information and/or corrections as necessary
Note: time frames pause while waiting for requested information. More than one review cycle may be required depending on completeness of plans and response to comments.
4. Building Permit Issued
- Building permits to including demolition and clearing and grubbing activities will not be issued until civil plans are approved by the Engineering Department.
- Civil and building improvements may be constructed at the same time.
- Request inspection 24 hours in advance.
6. Final Occupancy
- Requires …
Note: The City of College Place does not issue temporary occupancy permits.